- 350g macaroni, boiled as per instructions on the pack
- 200g sweet potato, peeled, cubed, boiled until soft
- 200g butternut, peeled, cubed, boiled until soft
- 1 x medium onion/ 100 g onion, sliced
- 3 x tablespoon olive oil
- 3 x tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 x teaspoon turmeric
- 1 x teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 x tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 x large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250 ml coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
For cashew crumble crust:
- 90g roasted cashews, finely chopped
- 2 x tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 5 x tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 x tablespoon olive oil
- Generous pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 180c.
- Fry the onion, and add your garlic once the onions start to brown.
- Add all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place cooked macaroni in an oven dish, pour sauce over and mix through.
- Mix the crust ingredients and add on top the mac and cheese mix.
- Bake at 180c until hot throughout, about 10 minutes, and enjoy with some fresh basil or a green salad.