For the filling:
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups corn kernels (frozen or canned)
- 3 cups purple cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 carrots/1.5 cups large carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 red peppers, cored and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach, finely shredded
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 10 soft tortilla wraps
For the peanut satay sauce:
- 4 Tbsp peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce (reduced salt)
- 3 tsps apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 Tbsp golden syrup
- 3 tsps fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/5 cup water
- 8 Tbsp lemon juice
- Cook rice according to package instructions, drain and set aside to cool completely.
- Defrost the frozen corn or drain the canned corn.
- Mix the brown rice, cabbage, corn, sliced red pepper, grated carrot together and set aside.
- Make the peanut satay sauce then add to the mixture as well.
- Chop the spinach, coriander and spring onion and put aside.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a hot, dry pan until slightly golden, set aside.
- Place the tortilla wraps in a hot pan or hot plate and heat on each side for 30 seconds until the wrap becomes warm and pliable.
- Place the wraps on a clean surface.
- Place 4-5 Tbsp of the rice mixture in the middle of the wrap, spreading it.
- Top with a handful of the green salad mixture, more down the centre line. We want the leaves to be surrounded by wet rice mixture when folded.
- Sprinkle with ½ tsp toasted sesame seeds.
- Roll up: flip the tortilla sides inward, roll the tortilla from the bottom over the mixture and tuck the bottom of the tortilla in tight under the filling, then roll forwards, tucking the sides in once again.
- Carefully cut in half and serve.