You will need a blender or food processor for this recipe
If you don’t have one, you can also use a potato masher. For this option, make sure your ingredients are finely chopped and use the masher to mush everything together, when instructions suggest using a food processor.
- 1 x tin of chickpeas, drained
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 x cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- A handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 x teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 x heaped tablespoons of cake flour
- Some salt & pepper to taste
- Once all your ingredients are prepped as mentioned above, put all your ingredients in a food processor and pulse until its well mixed and looks like a coarse and rough consistency.
- Using your hands, make small balls from the mixture. Make sure you get the balls nice and dense so they don’t break down when you fry them.
- Preheat your stove top to max heat, pour some oil (canola or olive) into a pan and shallow fry until brown and golden.
Thanks to © Ludwig van Tonder